Great tasting Chia Charge Flapjacks
A calorie dense (380 calories in one bar), easy to eat, nutritious flapjack. A combination of ingredients that will provide you with quick fire carbs and slower burns carb. The golden syrup and brown sugar will give you swift benefits while the oats and chia seeds will provide slower burning carbs meaning you wont get a sugar rush followed by a swift drop off in energy. If you eat one flapjack in an hour that is probably as much as your body will be able to metabolise during endurance exercise.
The chia seeds contain anti-oxidants and omega 3 oils which will help the body maintain and repair itself, thus helping to minimise recovery time. The sea salt flakes as well as tasting great and giving a balance to the swetness, will help replace some of the salts that you will be losing through sweating.
More about Chia seeds
1. Chia is gluten free
2. It is super high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues (25%)
3. It contains 20% Omega 3 ALA, making it a super food for the brain and heart. Chia has eight times more Omega 3 than salmon!
4. It boasts 20% protein
5. The protein is a complete protein with all 8 essential amino acids (the only vegan source known to contain all 8 essential amino acids)
6. It is high in antioxidants (It has a four times higher ORAC value than blueberries)
7. Chia contains five times more calcium than milk
8. Chia contains seven times more vitamin C than oranges
9. It contains three times more iron than spinach
10. It contains twice the potassium content of banana
11. It is food for healthy skin, hair and nails
- It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels (making it awesome for diabetics)